Greetings from the Weird One

For as long as I can remember, writing has been the best way for me to process my emotions, study for exams, and thoroughly communicating any important information. I'm a forgetful lil' bean and my brain is almost always running faster than my mouth could ever dream to, so writing or typing my words out allows me to process things better. I dunno; it is what it is.

So when it came to deciding how to process things I have been through recently (graduating from undergrad, regressing into a depressive episode, falling in love, and experiencing unemployment for the first time since high school), I thought about writing in a journal to keep my thoughts to myself and deal with things on my own. While this seems to be the "smartest" idea, I felt as if I needed to post a (little) of what I experience in life because sharing one's life experiences can greatly benefit others who are/have been in situations similar to the ones I am experiencing/have experienced. I cannot stress the importance of feeling a sense of community or at least empathy from folks during rough times, and if nothing else comes from this blog, I hope at least one person gets a laugh or feels understood from these blog posts. 

Aaaaanywho, I guess this is the part where I introduce myself to folks who don't know me! My name is Allie and I'm a 22-year-old historian from Georgia (the state). Currently, I am a pet sitter (been in the biz since 2015) and a guide for a local ghost tour. I graduated with my bachelor's degree in History in May of 2019 and I have been driving the struggle bus since the day I walked across the stage in my university's coliseum. I had been a passenger on the bus for a year or so, but after I tanked into a depression post-graduation, I was promoted to piloting a vessel destined for an unforeseeable doom. Luckily, things are slowly turning up for me in life and I feel like I might be able to go back to being an occasional passenger on the bus (thank GOD). I have rediscovered my love for studying American popular culture and the history of gender and sexuality, thus leading me to apply for graduate school and I am planning to start in January (WOOHOO!). I have also found love in my wonderful partner who is so understanding, kind, loving, handsome, and just as nerdy as me. My friends and family have also made sure to keep me smiling and remind me daily that life is worth living.

I don't know exactly where I will be going with this blog, to be honest. I know I will be treating it as some kind of online journal, but I also like giving my unsolicited opinions (hey, you'll always know how I feel about something) and talking about topics/causes that are important to me or are part of my field of study. YouTube videos may even be in my future. What I'm trying to say is that the possibilities are honestly endless for this blog! Once I get a schedule going, learn how to use this site (I have only ever blogged on Tumblr, so cut me some slack), and see what I have time to devote myself to, I'm sure I'll make a post to give readers (if I even have any) an idea of what to expect. 

For now, I'm going to repaint my nails before bed because LAWD they are chipped to Lake Minnetonka and back, then fall asleep listening to a murder podcast. 

If you've made it this far, thanks for reading! 

Much love,
Weird Allie

Enjoy this photo of me at a concert- my favorite environment.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists