Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Happy Friday, my dudes! I hope this week was good to all of you and I pray for the weekend to be even better. This Friday, I am presenting to you my first-ever product review on this blog! I love giving my unsolicited advice and opinions on things, soooooo I hope to drop some nuggets of knowledge on y'all. I'd love to review products you suggest, too!

This week's product is a Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub from the brand Dermactin-TS. I have never used this brand before but have seen it at every Sally Beauty store I have visited (and that's a lot of stores- trust me). I snagged this product from the clearance section at my local Sally's and unfortunately, I think this product is being discontinued (or at least being removed from Sally Beauty stores). I have found that it is still being sold online, so if you are interested in trying the product, you can snag it from the intrawebs.

As I said earlier, I purchased this on clearance for just over $5, but it ranges from $8 to $14 from online retailers. This is super affordable, even on the high end, and a dime sized amount of product should cover the face, so it seems the product will last a while.

Here are photos of the product:

Front of the box (doesn't she look thoughtful?)
Instructions (even though it's probs self-explanatory) 
The tuuuuube
My first reactions toward the product were positive. The scrub smells fresh and light, and unlike some cheaper facial exfoliants, it's scent doesn't linger on your face for too long after rinsing. This is suuuuper important to me because some strong smells give me headaches. I also liked the consistency of this scrub as it has a good cream-to-exfoliant ratio. I have used products before where the exfoliating factors were either nonexistent or were too compacted, thus making it nearly impossible to actually exfoliate without mixing the product with a creamier product.
This is the amount of product I used, but I honestly could have used a bit less 
I liked how the product felt on my skin. To be a cheaper product, it did a lot of work for my pores as far as opening them up and penetrating them goes. I gently scrubbed in circles, focusing on problem areas for a minute and a half or so. The cooling effect mixed with the exfoliation made my skin feel as clean as it would if I had used my knock-off Clarisonic brush. Upon rinsing my face with lukewarm water, my face felt clear and smooth. I have been dealing with dry skin patches and this exfoliant definitely polished them away. 

Overall, I definitely recommend this product. The quality of this scrub is excellent for the price point and amount of product. It was not too harsh but still managed to buff away dead skin and dry patches. The box recommends using this three or four times a week, so I will try using it every other day. If you have time to stop by a Sally Beauty store or opt for purchasing it online, please let me know how you feel about the product!

Also, if there are any products you'd like me to remove, please let me know in the comments below!

Have an awesome weekend, folks!

Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists