Strawberry Lipstick State of Mind (Week 7) - 2020 Weekly Playlists

It's the week of Valentine's Day! I know it's a stupid holiday, but I love a good love song, so I'm gonna exploit the crap outta this week.

Strawberry Lipstick State of Mind (Week 7)

Adore You - Harry Styles from the album Fine Line (2019)
  • Y'all know good and well that I cannot go a week without including Harry Styles in a playlist!
My Valentine - Paul McCartney from the album Kisses on the Bottom (2012)
  • I remember anxiously anticipating the release of Macca's album Kisses on the Bottom album and fangirling on Tumblr with the other weirdos my age who were obsessed with old dudes. this is a sweet song and it's title alone is appropriate for this week's playlist. 
The Morning Papers - Prince from the album [Love Symbol] (1992)
  • The music of the song in itself is gorgeous. It's lyrics are kinda creepy considering he was talking about his younger partner, Mayte Garcia, but it's got some beautiful lyrics in the middle.
Something About the Way You Look Tonight -  Elton John from the album The Big Picture (1997)
  • This is one of my personal favorite 1990s Elton songs. It's so sweet!
This Old Heart of Mine (w/ Ronald Isley) - Rod Stewart feat. Ronald Isley from the compilation Storyteller: The Complete AnthologyL 1964-1990 (1989)
  • This version of "This Old Heart of Mine" is so cute and there's no secret that it's from the 1980s with that instrumentation.
Loving is Easy - Rex Orange County feat. Benny Sings from the single Loving is Easy (2017)
  • One of my friends exposed me to this song through a playlist he sent me and I fell in love with this crazy cute tune. It's just adorable!
Home - Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros from the album Up From Below (2009)
  • "Holy Moly, me oh my / You're the apple of my eye" I have loved this song since its release! I can't believe its going to be 11 years old this year!
Love on the Weekend - John Mayer from the single Love on the Weekend (2016)
  • This is mine and my partner's basic love pattern. We are both busy during the week, him with work and me with school, so we have a schedule of seeing each other just on the weekends and making the most of it in every way we know how. 
Give It 2 U - J. Human feat. Tre Wright from the single Give It 2 U (2020)
  • Another Daily Mix find. It's got an adorable chorus!
I Wanna Love You - Just Friends from the album Nothing But Love (2018)
  • This was recommended to me because I listen to the (lovely) band The Suffers. This song is cute and the singer's delicate yet powerful voice is unique. 
I Think I Love You - The Suffers from the single I Think I Love You (2017)
  • After hearing this song live last year, I have been a huge fan of The Suffers. I love the lyrics of this song so much!
Every Time I Look At You - Kiss from the album Revenge (1992)
  • This is my parents' song. They listened to the album a lot when they first got together and have said it was their "sweetheart song" for a long time. 
Beast of Burden - The Rolling Stones from the album Some Girls (1978)
  • You know what love is? When the one you're with says "I'll never leave your pizza burnin'."
I Want You - Ximena SariƱana from the compilation Chimes of Freedom: The Songs of Bob Dylan Honoring 50 Years of Amnesty International (2012)
  • This is my favorite version of "I Want You." It's modern take on the classic is crisp and refreshing. 
Love of My Life - Queen from the album A Night at the Opera (1975)
  • The love Freddie Mercury and Mary Austin is something we should all aspire to. This song makes me cry every time.

Happy belated love week, my lovelies!
Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

Greetings from the Weird One