April 3 - Top 5 Friday




Welcome to the first official day of the State of Georgia's Shelter-In-Place order. Woo-frackin'-hoo. I hope this helps some folks realize the seriousness of COVID-19.

Anywaaaaay, it's time for a top 5!

1. "Debra" by Beck

Beck - Midnite Vultures - Amazon.com Music

"Debra" is the best song, in my opinion, of Beck's album Midnite Vultures from 1999. I first heard this song on the soundtrack to the film Baby Driver and have loved it ever since. It is hard for me to find a song that can make me happy no mater what kind of mood I am in, but this song does it. It's weird and has Prince vibes, so my love for it isn't surprising. If you click on the photo, you will be linked to the Amazon listing for the album.

2. And That's Why We Drink

And That's Why We Drink
Christine and Em are looking pretty serious with Gio, but they are NOT to be taken seriously.
My favorite podcast of all time, and the first one I started listening to religiously, is And That's Why We Drink with Christine Schiefer and Em Schultz. They are the funniest folks to ever exist. The podcast features a tale based off paranormal stories/conspiracy theories/legends from Em and a true crime story from Christine. The way they play off each other is just hilarious. Here's the link to listen on Spotify! Y'all have plenty of time to binge now!

3. Smithfield Roasted Garlic and Herb Marinated Pork Loin



If you don't eat meat, I apologize for this listing. These pork loins are AMAZING. I usually only like pork in a barbecue sandwich, as bacon, or as lunch meat, but these pork loins changed my mind. These marinated cuts become perfect main dishes once they're popped in the oven for about an hour and ten minutes. My main recommendation is to cook these either on a baking sheet or 9x13 inch dish lined in aluminum foil. The marinade will harden onto the surface of your dishes if they're not lined and LORD it's a pain to scrub off. You can find these at Walmart and Kroger for about $6-$8 and they feed 4!

4. Beyond the Zone Smooth Criminal Hair Primer

Hair Primer

I flat iron my hair whenever I go out, and if I don't go out, I still blow dry my hair. Heat protectant is extremely important for the health of your hair and I have used tons of products over the years to combat heat damage. While the Chi 44 Iron Guard is my usual go to when my hair has blonde highlights, I have found it is too heavy for my hair when it's its natural color. I switched to this product about a month ago after using the Smooth Criminal Humidity Protection Hairspray since I was 13 and I am so impressed! It smells great and doesn't make my hair heavy or sticky. It's only about $7 on the Sally Beauty website (and I recommend snagging the hairspray while you're at it).

5. Virgins: A Cultural History by Anke Bernau

Virgins: A Cultural History by Anke Bernau

This book will seem boring as all get-out to most people but if you have any interest in the portrayal of virginity in Western society, you'll want to check this book out. It was a quick read, but it had so much to offer in terms of explaining modern purity culture. I despise purity culture as it is oppressive to women among other things, but this great book provides a brief yet informative perspective on virginity. Here's the link to it on ThriftBooks!

Thanks for reading! Let me know if you dig any of these things.
Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists