Cup of Ambition (Week 4) - 2020 Weekly Playlists

Y'all know what it is!

Cup of Ambition (Week 4)

9 to 5 - Dolly Parton from the album 9 to 5 and Odd Jobs (1980)
  • I was still listening to the Dolly podcast at this point, and I still urge you all to give it a listen. 
Lipstick Stains - Brasko feat. Saint Pressure from the album SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR (2019)
  • The chorus of this banger was in my head all week.
Me & You Together Song - The 1975 from the single Me & You Together Song (2020)
  • The 1975 dropped this tune that week and I had to be a good superfan and give it a listen or a hundred. It's such an adorable song with 1990s boy band vibes.
End of the Day - One Direction from the album Made in the A.M. (Deluxe Edition) (2015)
  • I also got in a One Direction mood that week.
Hopeless - Halsey feat. Cashmere Cat from the album hopeless fountain kingdom (2017)
  • I adore Halsey's vocals in this song and especially love the line "you know the truth hurts but secrets kill." 
You Ain't Woman Enough - Loretta Lynn from the album You Ain't Woman Enough (1966)
  • This was featured in the Dolly podcast as well. Loretta Lynn is another country queen we don't deserve.
Lovely Day (Bonus Track) - alt-J from the album This is All Yours (2017)
  • I found this cover of "Lovely Day" by accident and is quirky yet beautiful. alt-J never disappoint.
Mykonos - Fleet Foxes from the compilation First Collection 2006-2009 (2018)
  • I hadn't listened to Fleet Foxes in a hot minute and got the urge to listen to this song for the first time in a while.
Ticket to Ride - The Beatles from the album Help! (1965)
  • While I was in a general Beatles mood, this song was also mentioned in - you guessed it - the Dolly podcast.
The Face of the Nation - John Mellencamp from the album Scarecrow (1985)
  • This song is entirely too relevant in today's political climate. I love John Mellencamp a lot.
She Drives Me Crazy - Fine Young Cannibals from the album The Raw & The Cooked (1988)
  • I scream-sang this in my car at a red light and the passenger of the car to my right stared me down. I have no regrets.
Ever Since New York - Harry Styles from the album Harry Styles (2018)
  • The haunting yet calming vocals of this song are beautiful. Fine Line is excellent but Harry's debut will always have a special place in my heart.
High Horse - Kacey Musgraves from the album Golden Hour (2018)
  • Spacey Kacey is a goddess. 
Fool in the Rain - Led Zeppelin from the album In Through the Out Door (1979)
  • It rained a lot that week (well, that month) and this song always reminds me to dance in the rain even when its sucky.
Sunlight - Hozier from the album Wasteland, Baby! (2019)
  • My friend Maya is a mega Hozier fan and showed this song to me. He's a magnificent musician to say the least!

This was a weird bunch, but aren't they all?
Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists