Darlin' If You're Free for a Couple of Hours (Week 8) - 2020 Weekly Playlists

Darlin' If You're Free for a Couple of Hours (Week 8) 

Let's Pretend We're Married - Prince from the album 1999 (1982)
  • 1999 is an amazing album that shows Prince's ability to create catchy yet unique tunes. This song is catchy and I had it stuck in my head all week. 
Thief - Ansel Elgort from the single Thief (2017)
  • A lot of folks think Ansel Elgort is not a talented musician and should stick to modeling and acting, but I genuinely enjoy his music. Sue me. 
Motion Sickness - Phoebe Bridgers from the album Stranger in the Alps (2017)
  • My friend Rachael showed us this song on a trip to a library book sale in Decatur (its snowed!) and its haunting but beautiful. 
What Is Love? - TWICE from the EP What Is Love? (2018)
  • My friend Tinaye showed us this one. None of us are huge K-Pop fans, but I still have this song stuck in my head at the end of March. Yup.
Balenciaga - Eva from the album Queen (2019)
  • Maya picked out this song. It's French pop, and I'm not mad about it. It's a bop!
Bark at the Moon - Ozzy Osbourne from the album Bark at the Moon (Extended Version) (1983)
  • I am always in the mood for Ozzy mood. Period.
No Time to Die - Billie Eilish from the single No Time to Die (2020)
  • Billie Eilish's new single is the title track for the upcoming Bond film. I love the song and it's incredibly gorgeous. 
Fly Like An Eagle - Steve Miller Band from the album Fly Like An Eagle (1976)
  • I heard this on the radio when I was going to dinner with my parents that week. It's a classic with a spacey vibe.
Rocky Mountain High - John Denver from the album Rocky Mountain High (1972)
  • John Denver is America's sweetheart and must be protected at all costs. 
Wasted Time - The Eagles from the album Hotel California (1976)
  • This is my favorite song off Hotel California
Maybe I'm Amazed - Paul McCartney from the album McCartney (1970)
  • While I love The Beatles immensely, Paul McCartney's and George Harrison's solo careers were far more interesting and in my range of musical interests. "Maybe I'm Amazed" is one of many perfect Macca songs. 
Feathered Indians - Tyler Childers from the album Purgatory (2017)
  • Its not often that I like a new country artist, but my sister was obsessed with this song last summer and it grew on me. Not that I like the term "Indians" in any way, but the rest of the song excluding the lyric is sweet and honest. Childers' voice is rough but authentic. I can dig it. 
Rosanna - Toto from the album Toto IV (1982)
  • If you don't love Toto, you're a bitter person who doesn't enjoy a good power ballad.
I'm Gonna Be (500 Miles) - The Proclaimers from the album Sunshine on Leith (1988)
  • I watched that one episode of How I Met Your Mother. Enough said. 
When The Sun Goes Down - Arctic Monkeys from the album Whatever People Say I Am, That's What I'm Not (2006)
  • Someone had this on their Instagram story and I had to immediately add it to this playlist and jam for a minute. Old Arctic Monkeys hits different. 

Enjoy, beebs!
Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists