How'd You Get So Fly (Week 5) - 2020 Weekly Playlists

*DJ Khaled voice* Anotha one.


How'd You Get So Fly (Week 5)

Suga Suga - Baby Bash feat. Frankie J from the album The Smokin' Nephew (2003)
  • I couldn't get the chorus out of my head for whatever reason. Talk about a throwback; I was in first grade when this was released. 
She - Harry Styles from the album Fine Line (2019)
  • Another solid hit from Fine Line.
How Will I Know - Sam Smith from the album In the Lonely Hour (Drowning Shadows Edition) (2015)
  • Sam Smith's version of this gorgeous Whitney Houston his give the song a more powerful and emotional edge in comparison to Houston's original pop hit. 
Tongue Tied (with YUNGBLUG & blackbear) - Marshmello feat. YUNGBLUD and blackbear from the single Tongue Tied (with YUNGBLUD & blackbear) (2019)
  • My partner was all about this song at the time. It's pretty catchy!
East Coast, West Coast - The Joe Perry Project from the album I've Got the Rock 'N' Rolls Again (1981)
  • Joe Perry is one of my favorite guitarists and I love this tune from one of his early solo projects.
Someone You Loved - Lewis Capaldi from the album Divinely Uninspired to a Hellish Extent (2019)
  • Even though people say Lewis Capaldi is untalented and that this song is overplayed on pop radio, it's still a pretty good song, to me. Plus I rarely listen to the radio so this was a new song to me at that point.
Just Feel Better (feat. Steven Tyler) - Santana feat. Steven Tyler from the compilation Ultimate Santana (2007)
  • I belted this one in the shower that week during a cry session. Grad school is tough, kids!
Boys - Lizzo from Cuz I Love You (Deluxe) (2019)
  • It's Lizzo's world and we're just living in it. 
Hard Luck Woman - Kiss from the album Rock and Roll Over (1976)
  • My dad was listening to this while I was visiting him at work and I forgot how good this song is. 
Your Love - The Outfield from the compilation Super Hits (1985)
  • Classic 1980s love song. 
What You Need - INXS from the album Listen Like Thieves (1985)
  • I love this poppy upbeat song so much. INXS is unfairly underrated.
Hands - Barns Courtney from the album The Attractions of Youth (2017)
  • Someone on campus was wearing a Barns Courtney shirt and I remembered how great his music is. His energy is amazing!
Daylight - Matt and Kim from the album Grand (2009)
  • I saw Matt and Kim open for Ellie Goulding n 2016 and I would love to see them again. They're incredible!
Volcanic Love - The Aces from the album When My Heart Felt Volcanic (2018)
  • The Aces have become one of my favorite new girl groups. Their lyrics are gorgeous and poignant.
Jungle Love - Prince from the album Originals (2019)
  • Another one Prince penned and handed over to Morris Day and the Time. 

This has a little something for everyone! Enjoy.
Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists