I Don't Wanna Mess It Up (Week 9) - 2020 Weekly Playlists

Time for another playliiiiiist!

I Don't Wanna Mess It Up (Week 9)

Mess It Up - The Preatures from the album Girlhood (2017)
  • I've loved this song for years!
Be My Wife - David Bowie from the album Low (1977)
  • "Be My Wife" is one of the best David Bowie songs from the late 1970s. It feels so Eno-influenced (y'all know how I love some Brian Eno) and I am completely here for the vibes. 
Bohemian Trapsody - Logic from the album Supermarket (2019)
  • This is the title track from Supermarket and I was intrigued by the title alone. It's an overall great song and the Queen influence only makes it better. 
Houses of the Holy - Led Zeppelin from the album Physical Graffiti (1975)
  • I had gotten back into Zeppelin at this point. I still don't get why the song "Houses of the Holy" isn't on the album Houses of the Holy (1973).
Needs - Verzache from the single Verzache (2018)
  • "Needs" was recommended on one of my Daily Mixes and I loved it.
Something To Believe In - Young the Giant from the album Home of the Strange (2016)
  • This is one of my favorite songs to exercise to. My friend Alex included it on a playlist he made for me and I have vibe with it ever since. 
ROXANNE - Arizona Zervas from the single ROXANNE (2019)
  • Yup, it's a TikTok song. I got super into TikTok at this point in time... and I can't say I'm proud. 
Crystal Dolphin - Engelwood from the album Crust FM (2017)
  • Aaaand another TikTok song. No shame!
Bambi - Prince from the album Prince (1979)
  • The first time I listened to the song, I focused on the music and fell head over heels for the rhythm, raw guitar, and falsetto of the track. I paid no mind to the lyrics. Well, the lyrics are about the narrator wanting to "turn" a lesbian by having sex with her, showing her what's like "to be loved by a man." I'm deffo not okay with the idea of lesbian women or any sexuality being "turned" to another sexuality. I still love how the song sounds, but Prince was kiiiiinda shite with this song. His music evolves throughout his career, but this one shows how even prolific musicians can start of being pretty dang problematic.
Blame It On The Girls - MIKA from the album The Boy Who Knew Too Much (2009)
  • This is a throwback from middle school where I would jam out to this song on the bus going to marching band competitions. I still love MIKA to this day and think he is one of the most underrated pop stars of our generation. You can quote me on that one. 
Valerie - Live at the BBC Radio 1 Live Lounge, London / 2007 - Amy Winehouse from the album Back to Black: B-Sides (2007)
  • In my opinion, this is the best version of "Valerie" by Winehouse. It's raw, real, and raspy. 
Higher Love - Kygo feat. Whitney Houston from the single Higher Love (2019)
  • Whitney Houston is the queen of pop as far as I'm concerned. This mix by Kygo is excellent and brings 1980s flair to a modern pop single. 
Mamma Mia - From 'Mamma Mia!' Original Motion Picture Soundtrack - Meryl Streep from the soundtrack Mamma Mia! The Movie Soundtrack (2008)
  • I added this to the list after scream-singing it with my friends in the car on the way home from Thursday night dinner. Everyone loves ABBA, aight?
Mystify - INXS from the album Kick (1987)
  • I found the Kick poster I bought years ago for the first time in forever and decided to dive deep into INXS' catalogue. So good.
End of the Line - Traveling Wilburys from the album The Traveling Wilburys, Vol. 1 (1988)
  • The Traveling Wilburys are one of the best supergroups to ever exist. All of their songs are absolutely fantastic. 

Until next week!
Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists