Mmmonday - Easy Tomato Soup



It's plague season, so y'all know what that means! It's time to hole up and wait for the sickness to pass. It is also allergy season, so I'm sure a bunch of us are dealing with gnarly sinus issues thanks to pollen and other types of flourishing plant-related things.

Whenever it's cold or I am feeling like garbage, a bowl of soup and some saltines will almost always make me feel top notch again. I made this soup the other day and HAVE to share it with y'all. I got it from the site Inspired Taste and proceeded to add a little Allie flair to it.

Image result for easy tomato soup

Easy Tomato Soup

Serves: 3 | Prep: 5 min. | Cook: 40 min.

Ingredients:

  • 4 tbsp. butter (unsalted for low sodium diets)
  • 1/2 large white onion, peeled and quartered
  • 1 28 oz can of crushed tomatoes with basil
  • 1 1/2 cups of water 
  • 1/2 tsp. salt
  • 1/2 tsp. pepper
  • 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
  • 1/2 tbsp. Italian seasoning

Directions:

  1. Using a large saucepan or a Dutch oven, melt the butter over medium heat.
  2. While the butter melts, peel and chop the onion, then toss the wedges into the butter. 
  3. Add in the can of tomatoes (with their juices) and then add the water. Give it a few stirs, then add in the salt, pepper, garlic powder, and Italian seasoning. Stir again.
  4. Allow the mixture to cook over medium heat for 40 minutes. 
  5. Blend the mixture using hand mixer on the lowest setting or in a traditional blender. I prefer mine to be a bit chunky, so I put my blender on the puree setting for 5-8 seconds. 
  6. Transfer to a bowl and salt and pepper to taste. Add cheese if you would like (I prefer an Italian blend or parmesan). 

I hope you enjoy this hearty and delicious dish! Tag me on Instagram (@weirdallieyankovic) or comment on the post if you use the recipe. 

Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists