Superman Where Are You Now? (Week 11) - 2020 Weekly Playlists

Hey folks, it's that time agaiiiiin.

Superman, Where Are You Now? (Week 11)

Land of Confusion - Genesis from the album Invisible Touch (1986)
  • I feel that this song applies beautifully to the times at hand. The music video features commentary on capitalist nations' responses to the Cold War/Gorbachev situation, specifically Reagan and America. We do live in a land of confusion and the COVID-19 issue was starting to hit the US in slow waves. It's an appropriate song.
Take It Back - Logic from the album Everybody (2017)
  • As a historian, I McFreaking love this song! It talks about the hard hitting truths of past and present in the US.
Talk! - The 1975 from the album The 1975 (2013)
  • I had the chorus from this song stuck in my head for whatever reason. It's a bop!
Gaslighter - Dixie Chicks from the single Gaslighter (2020)
  • We really needed a Dixie Chicks comeback in 2020 during the shitestorm we have dealt with so far. This is a wonderful song and I am so glad to have my favorite modern country girls back. 
Rhinestone Cowboy - Glen Campbell from the album Rhinestone Cowboy (1975)
  • I love Glen Campbell so much and this is my favorite song of his. 
Balaclava - Arctic Monkeys from the album Favourite Worst Nightmare (2007)
  • I was listening to My Favorite Murder (a great podcast you all should be listening to) and I heard Karen talking about a balaclava, thus reminding me of this song. 
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap - AC/DC from the album Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (1976)
  • Bon Scott AC/DC is the best AC/DC. Fight. Me. On. It.
She Plays Bass - beabadoobee from the single She Plays Bass (2019)
  • This is a Daily Mix banger. I love it a lot!
Monday Morning - Death Cab for Cutie from the album Codes and Keys (2007)
  • I said this was my theme song in high school. I didn't listen to any other Death Cab songs, but I jammed to this one at least once a week on my rides home from school.
Bang Bang - Green Day from the album Revolution Radio (2016)
  •  I saw Green Day on their RevRad tour and IT. WAS. THE. BEST. CONCERT. I. HAVE. EVER. BEEN. TO. Honestly. And we got to chant "No Trump, No KKK, No Fascist USA." If only, if only.
Say So - Doja Cat from the album Hot Pink (2019)
  • It's another TikTok song. And it's dang good. 
In The Heat of The Morning - The Last Shadow Puppets from the EP The Age of the Understatement (2008)
  • This came on Alt Nation on XM radio while I was in the car with James. It's a whole vibe and I love it!
Fight the Good Fight - Triumph from the album Allied Forces (1981)
  • This one is for Elizabeth Warren who valiantly ran in the 2020 Presidential Race and ended her campaign that week. I miss her already and am deeply hurt to see the only capable candidate drop from the race. 
hope for the underrated youth - YUNGBLUD from the single the underrated youth (2019)
  • I feel so much hope when I hear this song. I love YUNGBLUD so much and I am honestly sad that his concert in Athens, GA in May was cancelled due to the virus, but I understand.
(Your Love Is Lifting Me) Higher & Higher - Jackie Wilson from the album Higher and Higher  (1967)
  • We love a throwback bop that exudes sunshine and rainbows during a time of depression!

See y'all next week. 
Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists