Take Your Time, She's Only Burning (Week 6) - 2020 Weekly Playlists

The next two playlists are some of the best ones I have created thus far. I hope you enjoy!

Take Your Time, She's Only Burning (Week 6)

Baby's On Fire (2004 Digital Remaster) - Brian Eno from the album Here Come the Warm Jets (1973)
  • Brian Eno did the soundtrack for one of my favorite movies, The Lovely Bones, and he was great friends with David Bowie. I figured I would like more of his stuff, so about 7 or 8 years ago I started listening to more of his catalogue. He is brilliant! I loved this song so much that I burned it onto a mix CD I found in my car CD case the week I made this playlist... and that's how we got here!
When It's Love - Van Halen from the album OU812 (1988)
  • The bluetooth adapter in my car stopped working so I couldn't have phone jams that week. I invested in an AUX cord dongle for my phone (thanks Apple for changing everything with iPhone 8 and higher to be headphone jack-less), but I jammed to this album for the week as well as to other CDs I still had in my car's case.
Oxford Comma - Vampire Weekend from the album Vampire Weekend (2008)
  • A friend posted about this song on her Instagram story and I listened to it for the first time in a few years afterword. 
Never Be Like You (feat. Kai) - Flume feat. Kai from the album Skin (2016)
  • This is one of those songs you hear in a store like Express or H&M and you want to know the name of it but can't ever figure it out. Well I Shazam'd it in a department store and finally figured the name out!
Make It - Aerosmith from the album Aerosmith (1973)
  • This was one of the first songs I mastered on expert on Guitar Hero. 
That'll Be The Day - Buddy Holly from the album That'll Be The Day (1958)
  • February 3rd was 61st anniversary of the Day the Music Died. Buddy Holly was one of the people who lost their lives on that day.
La Bamba - Single Version - Ritchie Valens from the album Ritchie Valens (1959)
  • Ritchie Valens also passed away in the plane crash with Buddy Holly.
Sweet Virginia - The Rolling Stones from the album Exile on Main Street (1972)
  • "Sweet Virginia" is one of my favorite Rolling Stones songs. I am writing this from Week 13 and I found out this plays during the closing credits of the film Knives Out
Lights Up - Harry Styles from the album Fine Line (2019)
  • Here's the Harry song of the week. I'm sorry- the album is just so good!
American Pie - Don McLean from the album American Pie (1971)
  • This song is about typical Americana stuff, but it makes big reference to the Day the Music Died where Buddy Holly, Richie Valens, and P.J. Richardson aka "The Big Bopper" (who's hit song Chantilly Lace was too creepy to include) perished in a plane crash. 
I Got You Babe - Sonny & Cher from the album Look at Us (1965)
  • This was in a commercial and I forgot how cute the song was.
State of the Heart - Rick Springfield from the album Tao (1985)
  •  I listened to a lot of Rick Springfield this week, too, due to having his CD handy. He's another underrated star of the 1980s. 
Try a Little Tenderness - Otis Redding from the album Complete and Unbelievable: The Otis Redding Directory of Soul (1966)
  •  I feel like Duckie from Pretty In Pink every time this song comes on. It makes me wanna be an annoying and dramatic turd, but it's such a good song!
Suffragette City - 2012 Remaster - David Bowie from the album The Rise and Fall of Ziggy Stardust and the Spiders from Mars (1972)
  • I love Bowie and this is one of my favorite tunes of his. 
Feed My Frankenstein - Alice Cooper from the album Hey Stoopid (1991)
  •  I planned on watching Wayne's World at some point that week but it didn't happen. I still love this Alice Cooper song though.

Until next week,
Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists