You Cured My January Blues (Week 2) - 2020 Weekly Playlists

Here's the break down of week 2! Enjoy


You Cured My January Blues (Week 2)

Knee Socks - Arctic Monkeys from the album AM (2013)

  • Arctic Monkeys killed when they produced AM and "Knee Socks" is one of the best songs of 2013. Lyrically its excellent (hence using a lyric for the title of this week's playlist). 

We Appreciate Power - Grimes feat. HANNA from the album We Appreciate Power (2018)

  • I am not the biggest fan of Grimes, but this song is a whole bop. Shout out to a Daily Mix on Spotify for this tune!

Buried Alive - Logic from the album Under Pressure (2014)

  • Under Pressure is one of the greatest rap albums of this century. The lyrics of this song show Logic's true ability as an artist. 

I'm Chief Kamanawanalea (We're The Royal Macadamia Nuts) - The Turtles from the album The Battle of the Bands (1968)

  • I forgot this song existed until I was listening to an old playlist of mine from high school. The Turtles are wacky and fun.

Black Diamond - Kiss from the album Kiss (1974)

  • Kiss is cheesy, no lie, but this song reminds me of jam sessions with my dad as a kid. 

In the Light - Led Zeppelin from the album Physical Graffiti (1975)

  • Physical Graffiti is a phenomenal album. "In the Light" is creepy and freaky, thus making it the perfect choice to end the last episode of Mindhunter Season 1 where Holden has a meltdown. 

Golden - Harry Styles from the album Fine Line (2019)

  • I love how breezy and effortless this song is!

Every Little Bit Hurts - Brenda Holloway from the album Baby Driver (Music from the Motion Picture) (2017)

  • The Baby Driver soundtrack is the best of all the movies I've seen in the past 5 years. This ballad is so beautiful.

Monolith - Remastered - T. Rex from the album Electric Warrior (1971)

  • It's classic T. Rex. Who doesn't love a Marc Bolan classic?

I Loved Another Woman - Fleetwood Mac from the album Fleetwood Mac (1968)

  • This is the best version of "I Loved Another Woman," and nobody can tell me anything differently. 

Shooting Star - 2015 Remaster - Bad Company from the album Straight Shooter (1975)

  • I'm pretty sure this was in an episode of The Blacklist that I had watched with my mom that week. Paul Rodgers has such a lovely voice. 

Daylily -  Movements from the album Feel Something (2017)

  • This is another pull from my Daily Mix from that week. It's a great tune!

Death Cup - Mom Jeans. from the album Best Buds (2016)

  • Same as above. It's an excellent song.

Oh, Baby! - Jessy Wilson from the album Phase (2019)

  • If you're not listening Jessy Wilson, what are you doing!? Her voice is that of an angel.

Best Friend - Rex Orange County from the album Best Friend (2017)

  • "Best Friend" is a bop!


Happy listening!
Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists