On A Weekend I Wanna Wish It All Away (Week 14) - 2020 Weekly Playlists

Another day, another year in quarantine. I am going slightly mad, but it's all good. Here's the tunes of the week!

On A Weekend I Wanna Wish It All Away (Week 14)

Yellow Ledbetter - Pearl Jam from the single Jeremy (1991)
  • The number one way I know I am slipping into depression is when I listen to Pearl Jam a lot. I love Eddie Vedder's voice and Pearl Jam is a great band, but I gravitate toward them and other moody grunge stuff when I am not doing so great.
Jack and Diane - John Mellencamp from the album American Fool (1982)
  • This song reminds me of being a carefree kid in the back seat of my dad's Chevy Camaro with the t-tops out. Life was so much simpler then. 
Give It Away - The Red Hot Chili Peppers from the album Blood Sugar Sex Magik (1991(
  • I got this stuck in my head for an unknown reason.
Night Moves - Bob Seger and the Silver Bullet Band from the album Night Moves (1976)
  • This song also reminds me of being a kid with no worries. My dad loves Bob Seger as much as he loves John Mellencamp, so Seger and Mellencamp go hand in hand on this playlist.
Alyson - Rick Springfield from the album Living in Oz (1983)
  • I was supposed to see RickyRickySprangfield on April 24, but his show was postponed to December 11 due to COVID-19. It sucks. He's one of my absolute favorite humans on earth.
Poor Tom - Led Zeppelin from the album Coda (1982)
  • I had the drum beat from this song stuck in my head all weekend and felt the need to add it. I wish I could've seen Zeppelin live. 
Say Hello 2 Heaven - Temple of the Dog from the album Temple of the Dog (1990)
  • Bruh. This song is so damn good. I love Chris Cornell's voice more and more every day. This is also a DepressionTune. Good times are here, lads. I hope this virus runs its course soon. 
Bad Guy - The Interrupters from the single Bad Guy (2019)
  • James was listening to this cover the other day and I really liked it.
The Stranger - Billy Joel from the album The Stranger (1977)
  • "The Stranger" is the title track off the best Billy Joel album ever, in my opinion. I had just listened to the album cover-to-cover on Friday and we watched Uncut Gems the next day and it featured the song. It was a weird coincidence so I felt like it had to be added. I have also gotten into the feeling that I have so many faces that I wear in public when I am feeling like crap and really low. Anyway, the song is killer and I love Billy Joel so much. 
Tumbling Dice - The Rolling Stones from the album Exile on Main Street (1972)
  • This is one of the best Rolling Stones songs ever. Linda Ronstadt also does a great cover of it.
Dirty Shiny Rock and Roll - Brasko from the single Dirty Shiny Rock and Roll (2020)
  • I talked about this song already on Friday's top 5 for the week, but I still love this song a lot. It is a great glam rock track with elements of dance pop. Brasko is gonna take over the world, I swear.
Physical - Dua Lipa from the single Physical (2020)
  • Dua Lipa's new single is bouncy 1980s-esque pop and I am completely here for it. She is such an incredibly talented artist.
I'm Probably Gonna Rock Your World - Logic from the album Supermarket (2019)
  • The chill and lo-fi sounds of Supermarket are incredible. This was the song that played after the lights went up when Logic's concert in Atlanta ended. It was such a cool vibe. 
Automatic - Prince from the album 1999 (1982)
  • This is one of the most underrated Prince songs. It's funky and poppy. This song stepping up to favorite status was "A-U-T-O-matic."
Mondo Bongo - Joe Strummer and the Mescaleros from the album Global A Go-Go (2001)
  • I watched Mr. and Mrs. Smith for the first time this weekend and HOLY CRAP it is so good. This was one of the main songs in the movie. Everyone has seen this movie and I am insanely late to the game, I know, but dang... it is SO GOOD.

Thanks for reading and I hope you listen to the tunes!
Allie

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Product Review: Dermactin-TS Pore Refining Exfoliating Facial Scrub

Music Monday: SEXDREAMSUPERSTAR by Brasko - Album Review

You Foolish (Week 3) - 2020 Weekly Playlists